Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Going Home

I've been flooded with company, all good of course, and totally knee deep in appointments and plumbing issues that I will spare the details of just how bad it's been.
But today was sort of emotional for me as I packed up my bathing suits, life jackets and beach toys and prepared the family for our first trip home since saying goodbye to paradise.
It's going to be a quick trip.
J has to work,
I need a haircut.
but most importantly, my very favorite Princess will be celebrating her 50th birthday and I have the royal honor of celebrating it with her....& I wouldn't miss it for the world.



I'm sad that all 95% of my friends are out of the country or state right now and I won't be able to smooch their lovely faces and though I've been warned that there is a storm out in the Gulf 0f Mexic0, it won't stop my efforts of getting in some island time.
However, just smelling the salty air that I adore will fill my empty soul tank up to just below full=0)
I'm going home...& I can't wait to sip pink drinks with my Princess Ann.

7 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Have a wonderful and safe trip to paradise!

Wanda said...

Sounds divine. Enjoy!

Georgea's Mommy said...

Going home is such a very good thing. I hope it is all joy for you T. Hugs!

Daniella said...

enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. tropical storm... who cares, it's paradise :) Safe travels, lots of fun, lots of pink drinks :) I know the gulf has miss you and your family!

Anonymous said...

Hope your having a great time. Looks like Bonnie won't amount to anything. I was in Orlando last week to meet up with some girl friends from Palm City. Time is so strange...hadn't seen them for a yr, yet it was like just yesterday we were all together. I cried when I seen the palm trees :(
Hotter here in Missouri than in Florida now.
Jen

kitchu said...

AWESOME. hope you are having a fabulous time (or did, i'm so late to this)!

Robin said...

T ~ hope you having a wonderful time and enjoying that island time. :0)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop