Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Surviving being 'just good enough'


We've had a doozy of a month.

I came back from my island time getaway to be thrown into full throttle move mode. We thought it would be easier to move a street over, but I can honestly say that it hasn't been easier. It's been the longest move of my entire life and I'm over it. I've still got stuff everywhere and I've decided to hold a 'garage' sale if you wanna call it that this Saturday. It's going to be more like an open the garage and haul out whatever you like because quite frankly, the clutter is killing me. We downsized our house (again) and my furniture is just not cut out for these types of homes. I have very large Florida furniture because I had huge ceilings and huge entries and now I live in an older home with smaller ceilings and smaller entries. This is what my bedroom is supposed to look like...



but instead...


my headboard and footboard are in the basement in 4 pieces, my beautiful T0mmy Bahama armoire is in the dining room and 1 nightstand is still in the garage. All my bedding is in a black trash bag and I have absolutely no idea where that damn rug is...I'm tired.


My master closet is so ridiculously small, I think munchkins built the house...but I digress. We are happy we moved, though we had no plans of moving and it all sort of happened in a week, but the lady that owned the home was crazy and I can't deal with crazy. Needless to say, it's our 5 year plan to stay in this house. I just want to get my kids through the school zone and then I'll figure out another plan.


Among moving taking place, we still had golf and I must report that G had a fabulous season. He was the underdog, the new guy on the course and he played very well. Shooting 72-74 in tournaments. His coach was impressed and we were proud. He has decided to end his football career and focus solely on golf. G recently had his iPhone stolen and I spent a whole night tracking that sucker to nowhere. Ugh...


C has begun football. God help me. He's good at it, but he's so small it scares the bejeezus out of me. He's fast and speedy, he has NO fear and that makes him 'good' according to the coach, but to me, it's downright frightening.


W begins swim this week. He is very excited! He's had a rough year and he is really looking forward to school ending. I continue to race home for a late lunch and pick him up from the bus and bring him back to work with me.


Lil' EG is plugging through life like nothing happened. Loves her new room, loves to hop in bed and reads books for about an hour a night. She goes through every single page and reads it intensely. She is singing songs in Spanish and has her first program next week at her preschool. I can't wait to see her in action. The teachers adore her and we think she's the most amazing lil' girl ever.


Our Easter was well...terrible. Not even gonna lie. I don't even think we made the 'just good enough' list. That Sat/Sun was the major moving day. Just a few pics of the neighborhood egg hunt and brunch...yep, we sucked, but had no more in us to do anything else.



I haven't forgotten the coupon lesson either, for those that have asked and emailed me. I've just been so underwater with life that I haven't had time. I have continued to shop faithfully every week with my coupons. Yesterday I spent $144.42 and saved $146.41. Collect your coupons folks! With the way this economy is going, the inflation that is on the horizon and has already begun, you can not afford to not save money. And while you're at it, call around to several grocery stores around you and write down their coupon policies.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

T I am so sorry you have had so much going on these days. I love coming to your Blog. You keep it so real and I love your point of view. I hope you get settled in soon and the clutter settles soon!
Ellen

Lisa~~ said...

Sorry that you've had such a rough month and I hope that summer is a great time for you and that you get all caught up and back on track.

Randi said...

I am sorry for all the stress you have had the past few months. I hope that you can relax some this summer.

Shari U said...

Happy Mother's day!!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop