Tuesday, August 30, 2011

upside down and inside out



These photos are completely unedited....mainly because I have no time. They are right out of the camera. I have become my own worse nightmare. In fact, if I'm being honest, I'm exactly who I never wanted to be. I'm to busy to think and yet have no energy to really get the things done that bring me peace of mind. It's like a bad version of groundhog day everyday...I just wake up and keep peddling the bike to get through the day. Sometimes, we all arrive safely into home, other days, it seems like a collision of the planets to get it all done.


I'm not bitching. I feel fortunate for my 4 extremely healthy children and husband, but I'm tired. I'm frustrated with some situations and in all fairness...I decided I don't like working, but I'm committed till something changes. My position comes with complications of being unable to voice things I don't like because I am really good friends with the owners and I keep business and personal stuff all separated into their pretty little compartments as to not skew the line. So I soldier on...like I love it.


I assume all families struggle with trying to reconnect and find 'family' time with all that stuff that fills our days. Before school started we took a hike up to the top of Kennesaw Mountain and picnic'd with the kids. It was hot and sweaty but fun. We enjoyed the quiet hike, which is where these photos were taken.


In a great attempt to find some peace and some time to reconnect, we are heading to the beach for some much needed family time. Just us 6. We won't be going back to paradise, but instead will be staying in our friends beach house on St. Ge0rge Island so we can roll in the sand together. I can't wait. It's only Tuesday and I feel like I'm hanging on by a thread to get to the weekend. I miss my old life. The one where the sandbox was at my fingertips. There is something that I can not explain that the ocean does for me. It's where I see things the most clear in my life. It's where all my children's memories began and where we we decided to begin this new GA life together. Don't mix my words, we really like it here and are extremely happy here, but truth be told...you can't take the gulf out of this girl.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics. I understand 100% how you feel about the Gulf.. It's part of us once you live here and fall in love. It becomes part of our souls. Your trip sounds like it will do all of you a world if good... Enjoy
Daniella - can't use my profile ;(

Anonymous said...

Great pics. I understand 100% how you feel about the Gulf.. It's part of us once you live here and fall in love. It becomes part of our souls. Your trip sounds like it will do all of you a world if good... Enjoy
Daniella - can't use my profile ;(

Diana said...

I have never lived by the beach but I so hope to someday as there is just something about it..I like nothing more then sitting and looking at the gulf with my feet in the sand (drink in hand:) and listening to the waves..Have a great weekend, you deserve it!!!!

kitchu said...

i hear you Tracy. being a parent, and a working one (this has always been the case for me, i have always worked), is a strain in and of itself, and striking a balance between work and family (and in your unique case, working for friends) can be precarious at best. i'm glad you will find some time for the 6 of you to dig your toes in the sand, sea side. you deserve it. and i know how happy you are WHERE you hare, but some people are just meant to be in a certain kind of place, like it is part of their soul, and there is no wrong or fault in feeling the pull to those places.

have a fantastic time at the ocean! and straight out of the camera pics, btw, rock :) post processing is overrated.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop